**PRINTABLE PDF IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY AT THIS TIME**
PUPPY SALES AGREEMENT/HEALTH GUARANTEE
810 Teepee Ct. Heyworth, IL 61745
We strive to make sure that any adoption is a perfect fit for you and your puppy.
All puppies are sold with limited registration unless specific arrangements for full registration are made with a one year conditional guarantee:
1. To have puppy examined within 72 hours of purchase by a licensed veterinarian to validate this guarantee. This is to include a fecal exam.
2. The puppy is not being purchased for resale and will never be sold to a pet shop, puppy mill or agent of same.
3. Buyer is not to register the puppy under any other Pet Registry, besides American Kennel Club.
4. To provide all annual vet exams, to continue all required vaccine shots as recommended by their vet and proper vet care. It is important the puppy has all puppy shots, and their yearly boosters. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees.
5. Buyer agrees not to breed unless the puppy is sold with full registration and not before two years of age when appropriate testing has been passed and completed.
6. To provide adequate housing away from the elements. Your dog will NEVER be left on a chain. The Buyer will groom, train, and care for this dog in the manner consistent with high quality animal husbandry.
7. The value of the pet for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the pet, and does not include any additional prices declared by the Buyer, such as value of show dog or shipping fees.
8. This agreement shall be deemed and consummated in the county of McLean, Illinois and shall be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois.
1. Provide Buyer with AKC registration documents.
2. This puppy is guaranteed to be in good health, to the best of the seller’s knowledge. Breeder guarantees that puppy has had proper care to date of release to Buyer. Puppy has been thoroughly examined by our veterinarian and received its first shots. The puppy will receive treatment for worms at 2, 4, 6 and 8 weeks of age. Shot records will be furnished at time of purchase. If puppy is being shipped a copy of the shots records will be mailed to new owner. If within 72 hours of receiving the puppy and he/she is examined by a reputable veterinarian and the health of the puppy is found to be at risk due to a congenital defect (existing at birth), owner shall notify breeder and provide a written statement from a licensed vet describing puppy’s condition and shall return the puppy and papers to the breeder within three days of the examination. Breeder will replace puppy or refund purchase price only provided puppy is in the same condition mentally and physically as when originally purchased. This does not include worms, fleas, mites, coccidia, giardia, or any other parasites as they can sometimes be common in dogs and puppies. Puppies are naturally at risk for coccidia or giardia or worms which is often brought on by the stress of a new home, new food, new people, or just a change in environment. Buyers Initials: ______________
3. Breeder is not responsible if puppy contracts a communicable disease after leaving breeder’s possession.
4. Breeder guarantees puppy against any congenital defect causing death of or making necessary euthanasia until one year of age. If a heart murmur is found by a veterinary cardiologist to negatively affect the longevity or quality of life the puppy may be returned to the breeder. The puppy will be replaced by a puppy of equal value at breeder’s convenience.
5. Breeder offers one year hips and elbows guarantee on any puppy found to have moderate or severely affected hip/elbow dysplasia. The following applies: The puppy must have a new x-ray by your veterinarian to confirm the diagnosis and it must be documented by an official OFA preliminary consultation. PennHIP testing is preferred and accepted for hips.
6. Upon receipt of a letter to breeder from a reputable veterinarian stating that in his/her opinion this condition is congenital, puppy will be replaced by a puppy of equal value at breeder’s convenience. We reserve the right to have a second opinion from our veterinarian. We also reserve the right to acquire DNA to determine the dog or puppy as one of our lineages.
7. Breeder does not guarantee color, size, championship, or temperament of any puppy.
8. Breeder is in no way responsible for any vet bills made after puppy/dog leaves the care of Rousey Goldens.
9. Breeder shall not be responsible for death or injury of said puppy/dog due to negligence or carelessness of the Buyer, any airline, live animal carrier, it’s agents or employees.
To be covered by this guarantee, the following conditions need to apply:
• Puppy must be owned by original owner named in this agreement.
• In the case of sudden demise of puppy, breeder must receive a written notice of puppy’s death from owner’s vet, along with a necropsy report indicating cause of death.
We hope that you will enjoy your puppy for years to come. We have taken steps to ensure that your new puppy is healthy by feeding it a premium puppy food. It is important that your Golden be kept on a proper diet. Buyer’s puppy has been raised on high quality puppy food. Please note: providing a higher nutritious valued food helps provide proper growth. Buyer acknowledges and affirms that Breeder has recommended, for the benefit of the puppy, certain brands of product/s; however the use of this product/s is merely a recommendation from Breeder, not a guarantee of their effectiveness or efficiency.
LIMITATIONS OF GUARANTEE:
This guarantee is non-transferable. The puppy must be in good physical condition. No replacement will be given if dog has been bred. A licensed veterinarian must do all laboratory verification. The Buyer/owner is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the breeder. The breeder is not responsible for any and all veterinarian expenses accumulated on returned or replaced dog or puppy.
THE FOLLOWING 1-6 WILL VOID ALL GUARANTEES:
1. Allowing your dog to become obese or underfed at any time.
a. Underfed: Ribs are highly visible
b. Ideal Body Condition: Can feel and see outline of ribs. Dog has waist when viewed from above. Belly is tucked when viewed from the side.
c. Overfed: Dog has no waist when viewed from above. Belly is rounded when viewed from the side.
2. Evidence of neglect or abuse.
3. Previous related trauma (broken bones, related injuries, etc.)
4. Dog has been bred.
5. Feeding this dog anything other than a premium quality dog food.
6. Evidence of Strenuous Exercise – for example: No treadmill, no extensive standing on back of legs or excessive tennis ball chasing, and retrieving should be done – especially on slippery floors, no jumping in and out of vehicles, on and off of furniture and be very cautious of stairs. This should be until your puppy is about 16 months old when the growth plates close.
•No guarantees expressed or implied, are given by Ronald L. Rousey the seller, except those stated herein.
•Seller warrants that he is the lawful owner of this puppy and is responsible for entering into this contract with the Buyer. The Buyer has read and understands the forgoing and agrees that all parts constitute a binding agreement with the Seller. This constitutes the entire agreement of the parties hereto with respect to sale described.
•This warranty must be printed out, signed and returned to Rousey Goldens during pick-up or before shipment of puppy.
I acknowledge that this is a legal & binding contract and have reviewed and agree to the terms listed above. The buyer also agrees to use the name “Of Rousey Goldens” as the suffix in the registered name of the dog. The buyer will also maintain up to date vaccines, wormings, and to keep the puppy/dog in humane conditions and provide proper food, water, and shelter. Failure to follow the above contract completely will result in “A Breach of Contract” and shall make this contract null and void. This contract applies only to the original purchaser and is NOT transferable. When a deposit is received by Rousey Goldens the Purchaser automatically agrees to the terms of this contract, even if both the Breeder and the Purchaser have not yet signed the contract.
Date: _______________________ Deposit: ________ Balance Paid: ________
Signature of Purchaser: ____________________________________________
Printed Purchasers Name: __________________________________________
City: ___________________________ State: ___________ Zip: ____________
Phone Number: ____________________ Cell/Work: ____________________
Signature of Breeder: ___________________________________Ronald L. Rousey
Heyworth, IL 61745
(309) 212-4020 rouseygoldens.com